The following is by Priscilla Gilmore, who recently got cochlear implants (read all entries to date on this topic).
I finally thought of the perfect description of how speech sounds: it's like Alvin and the chipmunks, only you can't quite make out what they are saying! It's a bit too fast for me to make out the individual sounds yet...but I think it will be spectacular when I finally catch up.
I tried to listen to the radio in my car and the music sounded very electronic. The bass line sounded "normal", but there was a higher pitched "tinkling" over the top. It sounded quite weird, but, strangely, I liked listening to it.
- ► 2016 (202)
- ► 2015 (130)
- ► 2014 (147)
- ► 2013 (165)
- ► 2012 (209)
- ► 2011 (193)
- ► 2010 (175)
- ► 2009 (239)
- Priscilla Gets Bionic Ears: Report #8
- Knol: So The Pushiest Loudmouths Don't Always Win
- Priscilla Gets Bionic Ears: Report #7
- God As Dude
- Priscilla Gets Bionic Ears: Report #6
- Action/Abstraction: Pollock, De Kooning, and Ameri...
- Priscilla Gets Bionic Ears: Report #5
- Fake Steve Jobs/Real Dan Lyons
- Chowhounding St. Paul
- Priscilla Gets Bionic Ears: Report #4
- Priscilla Gets Bionic Ears: Report #3
- E-Trade Ad with Baby and Clown
- Priscilla Gets Bionic Ears: Report #2
- Consistency, Niche, and the Art/Biz Dichotomy
- Priscilla Gets Bionic Ears: Report #1
- Comedy Central's TV Funhouse DVD
- Priscilla Gets Bionic Ears (Introduction)
- Air Conditioner Follow-Up (and a note about portab...
- Tip of Your Tongue
- Important Info About Pill-Taking
- The White Gym Socks of My Dreams
- How to Smuggle in Cuban Cigars....Legally!
- Getting Juiced at the Airport
- Leaving Oaxaca
- Oil Price Hikes Not Due to Speculation?
- Aztecs in Austria
- Oaxaca, Mexico
- Explaining Wine's Health Benefits
- Good Photography
- Watermelon Rind: A Potent Aphrodisiac
- Weird and Surprising Music: The Answer!
- Weird and Surprising Music
- Gay Pride Parade
- New Trends in Pedestrianism
- ▼ July (35)