Intelligence is the capacity to tolerate complexity.
Wisdom is the capacity to tolerate paradox.
Creativity is the ability to generate and wisely choose among a complex set of options.
Stupidity is the reduction of complexity into ill-fitting simplicity.
Stupidity feels like creativity, because a choice has been made. That's why many stupidity-inclined people are drawn to creative pursuits; careless reductionism comes easily to them. There are relatively few awful plumbers or school principals, compared to the hordes of terrible guitarists and graphic designers. True creativity is rare.
- ► 2016 (202)
- ► 2015 (130)
- ► 2014 (147)
- Spain Has No Paella Problem
- Sweet Deal on the Best Portable Vacuum
- Trader Joe's Dark Chocolate Lover's Chocolate Bar
- Comparative Fairfield County Whole Belly Clam Surv...
- Hanauer Economics
- Miracles, Paste Wax, and Eccentricity
- You Do Not Have a Gluten Allergy
- Knee-Jerk Outrage
- Playing With My Toy Cars
- Remembering Professor Sharpless
- Depression Resuscitation Kit
- Intelligence, Wisdom, Creativity
- Busted For Being Under the Legal Limit
- Wine Corollary to Leff's Sixth Law
- Leff's Sixth Law
- ▼ June (17)
- ► 2012 (209)
- ► 2011 (193)
- ► 2010 (175)
- ► 2009 (239)