The world says we're supposed to be sad when we don't get what we want. But if what you want is to fully immerse in the ride - to exuberantly learn stuff and gain experience - there's never reason to ever be less than 100% gleeful, even when the world tells you it's a "sad time".
Because there's no such thing as Sad Time. Life's short and you've just experienced a whole lot of cool stuff.
Thursday, November 7, 2013
Never Sad Time
I hadn't planned to share this, but what the heck. A friend lost a hard-fought election yesterday, and here, for whatever it's worth, is what I sent him:
- ► 2016 (202)
- ► 2015 (130)
- ► 2014 (147)
- Accounting for Bourbon and Rye Variation
- The Apple iWatch May Be a Red Herring
- Ben & Jerry's Butterscotch Ice Cream
- The Sport Jacket (or: "The Nigerian Ambassador Com...
- The "Dessert" Memorization Trick
- "Social Media"
- "There's a Soldier in All of Us"
- Rye Whiskey Tasting
- Who Elected Rob Ford?
- Never Sad Time
- More on "Tips For Art Critics"
- Zak Smith’s Tips For Art Critics
- James Booker
- The Beauty of Water, of Whiteness, and of Silence
- New Label: Right Whispering
- ▼ November (19)
- ► 2012 (209)
- ► 2011 (193)
- ► 2010 (175)
- ► 2009 (239)