So Chris Christie just endorsed Trump, and my mind's racing.
I passed very quickly over the notion that Christie - a belligerent hack, yes, but also a moderate - would back the birther-in-chief on principle.
It's certainly not unusual to see a politician go against his own instincts to ingratiate himself with a billionaire. This could guarantee Trump's financial support in future campaigns. But what future campaigns? New Jersey hates him, and he just failed miserably in his presidential run. Christie's got nowhere to go, politically.
There'd be no reason for a bombastic northeastern white male to choose another bombastic northeastern white male as his running mate. That'd be great for Christie, offering him another shot in 2024. But there's nothing in it for Trump.
So it's got to be a cabinet position. Christie, again, has nowhere else to go. He could, however, retreat to the private sector, so it would need to be a prominent cabinet position from which he could eventually rekindle his political career.
- Part Time Paid Internship
- Obama's Massive Deficits
- Christie's Endorsement of Trump
- "A Trump Nomination Means a Trump Presidency"
- Get Ready to Say Goodbye to the 19th Century
- Trump's Immense Latitude to Shift
- The Inside Skinny on Obama's Condemnation of Trump...
- Obama's Psych-Out
- Hillary Clinton and the Fallacy of "Deserving"
- Get Going Without It
- The Death Penalty For One's Opposition
- The Daily 202
- You're Glad He's Dead?
- Are You Caught Up on Gravity Waves?
- "So That Happened"
- Coddling the Spark
- The Wheel of Lunch
- Bloomberg's Prospects and David Brook's Tardy Embr...
- Effusion's Startlingly Brief Half-Life
- How to Spot a Hack Marketer
- Postcards From My Childhood Part 11: Heating the E...
- Letting Go and Getting Better....but Feeling Worse...
- Find Pierre an Apartment
- The Taboo of Judging of Crazy People Crazy
- ▼ February (28)
- ► 2015 (130)
- ► 2014 (147)
- ► 2013 (165)
- ► 2012 (209)
- ► 2011 (193)
- ► 2010 (175)
- ► 2009 (239)