If you're white, and couldn't understand why your black friends and neighbors lost their minds after the O.J. Simpson verdict, appearing to joyfully celebrate the exoneration of an obviously guilty murderer just because of his complexion...
Or if you're black, and couldn't understand why white people snapped to judgement without considering that the LAPD might have trumped up the whole thing...
....then you need to watch the superb, and supremely involving, "O.J. Simpson: Made in America" mini-series on ESPN.
I bowed out early on the original O.J. Mania. I didn't give a damn about Kato Kalin, or gloves, or any of the rest of it. If, like me, you're leery about the sensationalism returning to your attention, know that this isn't about senationalism. It's about America. And it's required viewing.
Note that you can stream it here.
When you're done, check out Alan Sepinwall's review.
- Pharaoh's Tombs, Movie Theaters, and Consciousness...
- Earphones That Tune Themselves to Your Hearing
- How to Help Clinton Win
- Autonomous Cars in Urban Spaces
- Why Fruits and Veggies Are So Crazy Cheap in China...
- Empathizing With Pro-Gun People
- The Book That Will Get You Through This Year
- Angel on a Bike
- Black...AND an Astrophysicist!
- Liberal Redneck on Trump
- Live from a Trump Rally
- My Wok Jumped the Shark
- Crawling Up and Dying
- O.J. Simpson: Made in America
- ▼ June (16)
- ► 2015 (130)
- ► 2014 (147)
- ► 2013 (165)
- ► 2012 (209)
- ► 2011 (193)
- ► 2010 (175)
- ► 2009 (239)