Let your thoughts drop into your pillow. As new ones arise, let them spill into your pillow. Give the entire process over to your pillow. Let the pillow become intelligent, as you yourself go dull.
Notice that as you do this, the pillow becomes more comfortable, and your head falls more heavily into it. Let your head fall through it.
Of course, this stuff is always zero-sum. While it's neat to be able to go to sleep in a fingersnap (which will happen if you practice the above), the downside is that you can go to sleep in a fingersnap (I'm about to fall out of my chair just writing this). This problem also appeared, come to think of it, the last time I figured out a sleeping trick.
- The Closure of Tekserve and the Purging of Wozniak...
- Why You Shouldn't Pull Back the Corn Husk in Store...
- No Less a Fish
- In-Store Corn Semi-Shucking: The Kernel of Human S...
- Insomnia Cure
- The "I Love Chowhound" food festival
- Affectation and Honesty, Projection and Patronizat...
- A Case for Opting Out of Life Extension
- The Base
- Winsome Muffin Road Photos
- Creating a Vacuum to Leech Out Eurekas
- Oh Jesus Christ....My Hands are Exactly Like Donal...
- A Feature, Not a Bug
- "Protest Vote": The Narcissist's Reckoning
- Hilarious Trump Antidote
- ▼ August (16)
- ► 2015 (130)
- ► 2014 (147)
- ► 2013 (165)
- ► 2012 (209)
- ► 2011 (193)
- ► 2010 (175)
- ► 2009 (239)