So here's how I'm approaching aging. I believe this will take me as far as I need to go.
When I was a kid, I spent an afternoon at the aquarium watching a fish that had a chunk missing from one of its fins, and sported some deep gauges on its body. Plus, one eye was a bit cloudy.
As we often do while observing animals, I anthropomorphized him, pondering whether he even realized how imperfect he was. Had every missing piece, every non-optimal function left him cringing with horror? Apparently not. He just swam and swam, no less a fish; no less himself.
- The Closure of Tekserve and the Purging of Wozniak...
- Why You Shouldn't Pull Back the Corn Husk in Store...
- No Less a Fish
- In-Store Corn Semi-Shucking: The Kernel of Human S...
- Insomnia Cure
- The "I Love Chowhound" food festival
- Affectation and Honesty, Projection and Patronizat...
- A Case for Opting Out of Life Extension
- The Base
- Winsome Muffin Road Photos
- Creating a Vacuum to Leech Out Eurekas
- Oh Jesus Christ....My Hands are Exactly Like Donal...
- A Feature, Not a Bug
- "Protest Vote": The Narcissist's Reckoning
- Hilarious Trump Antidote
- ▼ August (16)
- ► 2015 (130)
- ► 2014 (147)
- ► 2013 (165)
- ► 2012 (209)
- ► 2011 (193)
- ► 2010 (175)
- ► 2009 (239)