I watched Rachel Maddow last night rave disgustedly over how Trump's people are denying he ever advocated many of the extreme anti-immigrant measures he clearly campaigned on. And he's disavowed the extremist xenophobe from the transition team who'd been parading around the media all week crowing about the awful things they're about to do.
What? How could he do this? It's just crazy! What the hell's wrong with this guy? Maddow was, strangely, shocked and annoyed by the turnaround. It was hard not to get the impression she's disappointed; that she actually wanted him to be exactly the lunatic she (and I) feared and hated.
I just sat on my couch, slowly wagging my head. Every moderate gesture from Trump's camp feels like relief to me (though I'm fully prepared to scream my head off if he ever indulges his basest instincts). But the Left. My god, the Left.
The Right, when it's scared, gets brutally xenophobic and hawkish. Appalling, but at least there's some internal logic. But the Left just completely loses its shit.
- Magicians and Their Secrets
- Pastor Jim Bakker wants to help you prepare for Tr...
- Black Friday Deals: Cooking Lessons and Instant Po...
- "Why Would Romney Even Want This Job?"
- Is Trump's Infrastructure Plan a "Trap"?
- Appalled By His Unexpected Moderation
- Another Rant About Reciprocal Extremism
- Apple's New Touch Bar
- A Public Declaration
- Four Ways a Trump Presidency Could Make Us Happy
- "Voting for a Bigot is Complicit with Bigotry"
- Tips, Tools and How-tos for Safer Online Communica...
- Trust but Encrypt
- My Second Biggest Shock
- Look, Love, Think
- White People Voting Trump
- Distilling the Essential Impasse
- Election Night with My Trump Friends
- Adrenalin in the Voter Booth
- Toots and the Camry
- ▼ November (22)
- ► 2015 (130)
- ► 2014 (147)
- ► 2013 (165)
- ► 2012 (209)
- ► 2011 (193)
- ► 2010 (175)
- ► 2009 (239)