Water is the ultimate solvent. I've found there is almost no dried-on, caked-on issue that can't be resolved by this simple move*:
Take a square of toilet paper (or, for larger areas, a paper towel segment), and saturate it with water. Drape it over the gunk. Let it sit for an hour. Then wipe it away.
Forget magic erasers (actually, I kind of like magic erasers...for when I need faster gratification); this never fails.
* - it's not as handy for grease or color staining problems.
- Rant v1.1
- Passionate Rant Against Nationalism
- Transformed Attitude Toward Travel
- Finding Empathy for Trump's Enduring Support
- Obsession or Creativity
- Leftovers Soup
- Is there an afterlife?
- Mama Grimaldi: Part 3
- Unnecessary Wondrousness
- So, So Leaky
- Hate the Flip-Flopper, Love the Flip-Flop
- WaPo's Daily 202 (Yet Again)
- Mama Grimaldi: Part 2
- Mama Grimaldi: Part 1
- Water + Time = Satisfaction
- Roman Pizza in Catalan Village
- Why God [see disclaimer] Lets Bad Things Happen
- ▼ April (18)
- ► 2016 (202)
- ► 2015 (130)
- ► 2014 (147)
- ► 2013 (165)
- ► 2012 (209)
- ► 2011 (193)
- ► 2010 (175)
- ► 2009 (239)