Wednesday, August 31, 2011

TMDTIATW: Connecticut Kababs

The most delicious thing I ate this week (TMDTIATW) was at the best North Indian/Pakistani restaurant I currently know, Kabab Grill (35 White St, Danbury, CT; 203-205-2222). I wrote about them on Chowhound a few months ago, and I've been making special trips there.

Pretty much everything they make is great. And this time, the many plates we ordered were devoured before I had a chance to photograph them. But I did catch the tail end of our luscious chicken achar (chicken in pickled sauce, traditionally featuring mustard oil and white vinegar) and some beautiful garlic naan fresh from the oven:


As always, click each photo for the full experience.

Kabab Grill is a humble undecorated boxy storefront. They do absolutely nothing to trumpet their quality, and, as a result, it's chronically empty. I live in fear that they will close due to lack of interest. If so, we just don't deserve great places.

1 comment:

Ghalib Suleiman said...

Scrumptious pictures. I am a huge fan of North Indian food.

Blog Archive