Note: all prices below are for wi-fi only models.
You can buy one of the fancy new iPad Air 2s at $600 for the 64GB model (the cheaper 16GB model has too little storage to be viable).
Or you can buy last year's model for $450, with a barely adequate 32GB (Apple no longer sells a 64GB version). (Here's a handy guide to all prices of all options).
Or you can buy last year's model, with a full 64GB, second-hand on eBay for $550-600 (wuuuh???).
So what I don't understand is this: why would anyone in the market not buy a 64GB refurbished iPad Air from Apple for $439, with full warranty? You save $161 over the newer model (touch i.d. is cool, but not $161 cool). You save a few bucks over the previous model with half the storage, and you're beating even scuzzy eBay prices by miles.
- ► 2016 (202)
- ► 2015 (130)
- Mass Delusions (or: Tulips, Gluten and Ebola)
- Font for Dyslexics
- Dr. Grell
- Close Mayoral Encounters (plus: Jessie Helms Goes ...
- "Great Dumplings of New York" Tour
- "Walking Shape" versus "Running Shape"
- Fix for Sluggish Mac Performance in Yosemite
- Is reheated pasta less fattening?
- iPad Upgrade Opportunity
- Unsung Massive Societal Changes
- Aslan and Arepas
- ▼ October (12)
- ► 2013 (165)
- ► 2012 (209)
- ► 2011 (193)
- ► 2010 (175)
- ► 2009 (239)