Whatever practice you do, whether it's meditation, prayer, mindfulness, or something else, you will eventually, inevitably, have the sensation that you've been pushing a string.
You can't push toward Unity (or Love, or Silence, or Awareness, or "What Is", or God, or however else you might unwisely choose to name the unnameable entirety). You can only allow yourself to be pulled. All that's resisting is you.
"Yoga" is Sanskrit for "yoke". It's often claimed to refer to a union - a bilateral treaty of sorts between you and everything else in the Universe. But that's not it. The rest of the universe acknowledges only unconditional surrender.
- ► 2016 (202)
- More Buttery Raving
- Why People Don't Like to Learn
- Cool Crazy Science Geeky Stuff
- In Defense of Salted (and Even Whipped) Butter
- Trying to Understand Apple Investors
- Resistance and Surrender
- The Chowhound Revival
- Two Points of Spiritual Progress
- Non-Evident Goals and Unrecognizable Devotions
- Trump in the Skinner Box
- The Trump Thing
- Angels From Both Perspectives
- Founding Principles
- ▼ December (13)
- ► 2014 (147)
- ► 2013 (165)
- ► 2012 (209)
- ► 2011 (193)
- ► 2010 (175)
- ► 2009 (239)