Friday, August 26, 2011

Kudos, Commenters

I wanted to take a moment to thank our commenters. When I launched this Slog, I considered closing it off to comment, because one of the most unpleasant parts of running Chowhound had been finding myself splayed open for public excoriation by any Internet troll or crazy. I was burnt out on that. And furthermore, I expected my unorthodox perspectives to be misunderstood, and have never devised an effective means of responding to people angered by opinions they've misunderstood (if you have a suggestion, please leave a comment!).

But the commenters here, while few, have been uncommonly thoughtful and courteous, even on contentious issues. I really value their contribution. And invite you to check back to read the commentary on previously-read articles. Like the recent couple about Libya (#1 and #2). Or the terrific book recommendation here. Or this extensively commented golden oldie.

No comments:

Blog Archive