A bit random, I know, but this $4 bamboo spatula from Sur La Table was one of the best purchases I made last year.
But Sur La Table's Bamboo Stir-Fry Spatula is a champ of versatility, fantastic for stir fries, scrambled eggs, omelets, leftovers, and anything requiring a quick stir or flip. It won't scratch non-stick surfaces, but poses none of the melting risk of the plastic implements designed for that usage. And it cleans up much more easily than wood; nothing ever sticks to it. A quick wipe and you're good.
The only jobs this item fails at are those specifically tailored to wooden spoons (heavy-duty ingredient mixing) or full spatulas (pancake flipping). I use it several times per day, along with my tongs, and rarely find myself going to my implements drawer anymore.
Sur La Table makes a 15" version, but I like the 12" one.
- ► 2016 (202)
- ► 2015 (130)
- The Year the Internet Stopped Being a Computer
- Oldies, Hopefully Goodies
- Sur La Table Burnished Bamboo Stir-Fry Spatula, 12...
- Tate's Bake Shop's Butterscotch Pecan Cookies
- Christie 'N Kids
- "Still Rad in Rehab"
- Cousin Libby's Yellow Rice
- Sorry Sorry Sorry One More SIGA
- SIGA: Why Change Perspective Now?
- Selling SIGA
- Why are cheap cars unattractive?
- Don't Give Them Your Zip Code (and Meet Donny, My ...
- Where's George?
- Buy LED Bulbs Now
- ▼ January (14)
- ► 2013 (165)
- ► 2012 (209)
- ► 2011 (193)
- ► 2010 (175)
- ► 2009 (239)