I'm feeling very proud of myself. I looked up at this deli and instantly knew where the owners are from. Can you guess? I'll post the answer tomorrow.
They're Moroccan. Specifically: Berbers!
I knew it, went inside to confirm it, and the guy didn't seem particularly surprised I'd figured it out. Go figure....
- ► 2016 (202)
- Does the Social Universe Bend Toward Informality?
- Doctor Superior
- The Fourth Wave
- Let it Not Snow
- Sherlock Homeslice Strikes Again
- Name That Nationality!
- Aficionados, Snobs, Hipsters, and Garbled Writing
- Unconventional Means of Establishing Familiarity
- Anti-Muslim Backlash
- Aficionados, Snobs, and Hipsters
- Aficionados and Snobs: The Money Angle
- Aficionados and Snobs
- Dialogue on Suffering
- Bad Nights
- Obama's Legacy
- I Am Not Charlie/Je ne suis pas Charlie
- George's New Piano
- The Albatross of Me
- We're Outstripping Our Own Sci-Fi Future
- Weirdo Pasta
- ▼ January (20)
- ► 2014 (147)
- ► 2013 (165)
- ► 2012 (209)
- ► 2011 (193)
- ► 2010 (175)
- ► 2009 (239)