I met a guy once who casually informed me that he's enlightened. That is, he'd realized he's not a separate entity, but, rather, the infinite consciousness underpinning it all.
So, yah, the separate entity which he isn't claims credit for this cool achievement! Hey, that's not messed up at all!
I grinned and told him "You know, that's funny. Just last night, I had a dream where one of the dream characters told me he's awake!"
There is nothing sillier than an iceberg wearing its "World Melting Championship" medal.
If you ever meet someone claiming enlightenment, you're welcome to use the dream line. Or else the iceberg line, depending on how snarky you want to be about it.
- "The Professor: Tai Chi's Journey West"
- Desperately Parched for Surprise
- Putin, Clinton, and Trump
- The Horrifying Portent of Brilliant Analysis of Do...
- David Chang's Unified Theory of Deliciousness
- The Broken Pendulum...or Why I Miss George Bush
- A Feel Good Story About Donald Trump Supporters
- The Subtle Rewards of Quiet Caring
- Victitude: the Sublime Bliss of Stress Tests
- Six Pointed Stars + Money = Scandal
- Lazy Fat Lonely Kings
- "The Asshole Friend": Why Trump's Supporters Will ...
- Warning: Icky Posting
- Realized, Shmealized
- Brace Yourself for Brazen Casual Racism
- ▼ July (17)
- ► 2015 (130)
- ► 2014 (147)
- ► 2013 (165)
- ► 2012 (209)
- ► 2011 (193)
- ► 2010 (175)
- ► 2009 (239)