Monday, August 23, 2021

Sniffing the Tribal Tendencies of Local Retail

Being vaccinated, I mostly don't wear a mask. But I dislike kerfuffles, so I've developed a sixth sense for tribal morés.

Starting in the center, with CVS, and working leftward:
CVS: No mask*

Bakery: Mask in hand, just in case.

Starbucks: Mask on.

Trader Joe's: Mask, distancing.

Whole Foods: Mask, distance, hazmat suit, and CDC vaccination card glued to my forehead.
Now moving rightward from center:
Local Gin Mill: Mask off upon entering.

Auto Repair Shop: Mask off before entering

Home Depot: Hide mask carefully (no ear strap dangling from pocket).

Indie Hardware Store: Hide vaccination card. If I must search through wallet for a credit card, I do so below counter level to avoid shame and embarrassment.


*- though if I need to sneeze, I try to move away from people, and sneeze into the crook of my arm.

No comments:

Blog Archive