I was recently musing that a lot of people supported Trump because "he's a pugnacious shithead just like me."
Liberals would smirk at that. They'd nod their heads ruefully. So true!
But they support that sort of thing to their very core. After all, what screams Democratic Party more than a soft-focused video of a minority child entranced by a speech proclaiming in voiceover, "I want a president who looks like me!"
Yeah! That's the stuff! Beautiful!
Most people in this binary of binaries (well, Palestine/Israel is still marginally worse) have trouble parsing what, exactly, centrism even means. Here's a taste:
If a terrific Jewish presidential candidate were to run, I'd vote for them enthusiastically...but only because they were "terrific", not because they were Jewish. But if a Presbyterian candidate were only marginally better, I'd support that one even more enthusiastically. And I find it very hard to empathize with any other view. To me, you'd need to be so completely adrift in storybook bullshit and pure narcissism that you'd lost all sense.
Thursday, October 1, 2026
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment