Leff's First Law: Things suck for a reason. Systems maintain a vested interest in preserving their sucky, dysfunctional status quo, and will tenaciously repel efforts toward improvement.
Fwiw, here are my other laws
- ► 2016 (202)
- ► 2015 (130)
- ► 2014 (147)
- ► 2013 (165)
- ► 2012 (209)
- ► 2011 (193)
- ► 2010 (175)
- ► 2009 (239)
- Give Carnage a Chance
- The Myth of Reconciliation?
- A Historic Turning Point re: Terrorism
- Black Friday Deals
- Hell Circle Du Jour: Cancelling Wireless Accounts
- Bic Crystal Ballpoint Pen, Medium Point, Black
- How to Enter Sensitive Passwords on Public Compute...
- Exciting Times for Smartphones and Cameras
- Far Better Than Netflix
- Why Things Suck
- Michael Jackson's "Failing to meet The Ginger Man"...
- Did You Know Amazon Has a House Brand?
- Salesmanship in Love and Politics
- Fresh Air Interview With Bill Ayers
- Colin Powell Speaks Yiddish???
- The Medusa Gruel
- A Muslim Writer's "Open Letter to Obama"
- Eating By The Numbers
- George McGovern on Losing Big
- A Poor Start, Alas....
- Control Freaks
- Why the Rich and Powerful Might Get Substandard Me...
- ▼ November (23)