If you're analyzing what you're eating, that means you're not eating something truly great.
I once mapped out a surprisingly non-ditzy system for rating food on a scale of one to ten. At "9", I wrote, "rational thought breaks down. You don't analyze, you just want to keep enjoying, blocking out all distraction."
As you ascend the heady realm between "9" and "10", it becomes logarithmically more difficult to analyze, describe, and discuss what you're experiencing. In fact, the very best thing I've ever eaten (which I rated an "11") left me completely catatonic and blanked out.
The same applies, of course, to any aesthetic experience.
Fwiw, here are my other laws
- ► 2016 (202)
- ► 2015 (130)
- ► 2014 (147)
- Spain Has No Paella Problem
- Sweet Deal on the Best Portable Vacuum
- Trader Joe's Dark Chocolate Lover's Chocolate Bar
- Comparative Fairfield County Whole Belly Clam Surv...
- Hanauer Economics
- Miracles, Paste Wax, and Eccentricity
- You Do Not Have a Gluten Allergy
- Knee-Jerk Outrage
- Playing With My Toy Cars
- Remembering Professor Sharpless
- Depression Resuscitation Kit
- Intelligence, Wisdom, Creativity
- Busted For Being Under the Legal Limit
- Wine Corollary to Leff's Sixth Law
- Leff's Sixth Law
- ▼ June (17)
- ► 2012 (209)
- ► 2011 (193)
- ► 2010 (175)
- ► 2009 (239)