The Twitter feed of this TV producer and sometime writer (he wrote a few episodes of The Office) has been my salvation and consolation for over a week now. This Owen Ellickson guy has been using Twitter to create behind-scenes dialogs between Donald Trump and other people (mostly Paul Ryan, who serves as his Shakespearian chorus), and it's both hilarious and uncannily apt. Beyond parody, it often approaches something more akin to channeling.
I haven't written about it before, because it's kind of hard to come in in the middle, and Twitter doesn't make it easy to catch up. But one of a burgeoning number of fans (when I started, he had a couple thousand followers, but it's now nearly 25,000, including Patton Oswalt and other latecoming grandees) put together this helpful link and I quite honestly can't recommend it enough.
This scratches that stunned can't-look-away Trump itch we're all feeling. Spend a minute, and you'll spend a couple hours.
- The Closure of Tekserve and the Purging of Wozniak...
- Why You Shouldn't Pull Back the Corn Husk in Store...
- No Less a Fish
- In-Store Corn Semi-Shucking: The Kernel of Human S...
- Insomnia Cure
- The "I Love Chowhound" food festival
- Affectation and Honesty, Projection and Patronizat...
- A Case for Opting Out of Life Extension
- The Base
- Winsome Muffin Road Photos
- Creating a Vacuum to Leech Out Eurekas
- Oh Jesus Christ....My Hands are Exactly Like Donal...
- A Feature, Not a Bug
- "Protest Vote": The Narcissist's Reckoning
- Hilarious Trump Antidote
- ▼ August (16)
- ► 2015 (130)
- ► 2014 (147)
- ► 2013 (165)
- ► 2012 (209)
- ► 2011 (193)
- ► 2010 (175)
- ► 2009 (239)