Saturday, April 18, 2020

Childhood Poetry

I'm going through old boxes. The image below is from about age 7. That's when I was sending myself postcards forward in time to myself, and had started to realize that I was approaching my peak and would need to opt out of being switched out by elder personas.

I wrote about the latter once, noting that
People discard their childhood persona as they mature because they recognize the limitations. Having grown beyond that persona, they cast it aside, graduating to bigger and better things. But what if you were an amazing, wise 11 year old?

That's when I peaked! That kid seemed awesome, so I've never seen any reason to switch him out. In fact, I've spent my life scrambling to reclaim even a fraction of my 11-year-old self's clarity, open-heartedness, and intelligence.

No comments:

Blog Archive