Tuesday, June 22, 2021

Persian Apotheosis

An Iranian restaurant in the Ritz Carlton in Doha, Qatar:


You’re thinking $1500 for dinner, right?

No. It's hard to spend more than $50. See the menu (noting that 10 Qatari Rial = $2.75)

Ok, prepare for glory.









Ready for the two killers?


Sorry.


I need you to study that last one. It’s a specialty (Dandeh Kebab) from western Iran near Turkish border. Surely influenced by Turkish Iskendar kebab. Look how happy the dude is.



In my unhinged frenzy, I started surfing for more Persian food (not this restaurant) and found these three holy relics:

Credit

That one reminds me of Star Trek.


Credit

Potato tahdig. Bloody hell (I've never said/written that phrase before).

Tahdig is the crunchy rice scraped from the bottom of the pot, featured prominently in photos above. This is potato tahdig, which I didn't even know was a thing. I'm not sure I can live with this knowledge.

Ok the following is, I think, the pinnacle; the ultimate food shot.
Credit

What have we learned?

1. We’re just not doing it right.

2. I'm going to Doha. By hook or by crook.

No comments:

Blog Archive