Sunday, February 1, 2009

Online Education

Khan Academy is an amazing storehouse of tutorials by a brilliant, amiable, and very very clear instructor - the eponymous Sal Khan. He's versatile, too, as you'll see. If you have children, it'd be tantamount to parental neglect not to turn them onto this fantastic resource. Man, how I wish I had this when I was in school!

There's plenty for grownups, as well. Have a look at the extensive series of explanations of the current economic crisis. This is just the guy to dissemble and explain the complexities.

This sort of thing is exactly what the Internet's good for. Not enough people are honing in on online education, and it's poised to be the next big thing (I have a highly creative biz plan all written out for an online educational portal, but am too permanently charred from Chowhound to take it on).

2 comments:

Sayan Ghosh said...

Thanks Jim...this is really wonderful!

Pat said...

I can't wait to introduce my 7 year old grandson to "arithmetic". He has a knack for numbers and devised his own method for adding. He'll enjoy this! I love Sal Kahn's speaking voice and the simplicity of the presentation. At one point he says, "The phone's ringing, but you're more important." Be still my heart!

Blog Archive