Wednesday, November 27, 2019

Writer's Puzzle

I'm trying to say that if someone took a certain step, it would draw unintended reaction in overwhelmingly greater proportion. And I want to express it from a certain angle. I've worked and worked on this, and I believe it can't be expressed in English. Here's a ridiculously bad version:
"But do you understand where 90% of your attention would be occupied from?"
There's always a way to completely deconstruct and rephrase. In fact, I did just that in the top paragraph. But if this can be phrased tersely as a question, it's beyond my skill. It seems to be a failure of English, likely related to the fact that it involves perspective, a topic humans seldom consider (we're fabulous experts on objects, but yammering toddlers when it comes to subjectivity).

No comments:

Blog Archive