Strangely, I somehow managed to miss passing through Immigration in the airport, and am the first tourist in the history of the country to have done so. My passport isn't stamped, I'm officially non-present here, and no one can tell me how to resolve this. The choice seems to be to jail or deport me, or simply wave me away in exasperation, and since I don't seem very menacing, they're choosing the latter.
Tuesday, July 8, 2008
I'm in Oaxaca this week, for the Celebration of Indigenous Food and Tamale Fair...and also to do some mezcal-hounding and purchasing of mole paste (which has become pretty much the essential staple of my kitchen). I'll report back if I can get a reliable Internet connection.
- ► 2016 (202)
- ► 2015 (130)
- ► 2014 (147)
- ► 2013 (165)
- ► 2012 (209)
- ► 2011 (193)
- ► 2010 (175)
- ► 2009 (239)
- Priscilla Gets Bionic Ears: Report #8
- Knol: So The Pushiest Loudmouths Don't Always Win
- Priscilla Gets Bionic Ears: Report #7
- God As Dude
- Priscilla Gets Bionic Ears: Report #6
- Action/Abstraction: Pollock, De Kooning, and Ameri...
- Priscilla Gets Bionic Ears: Report #5
- Fake Steve Jobs/Real Dan Lyons
- Chowhounding St. Paul
- Priscilla Gets Bionic Ears: Report #4
- Priscilla Gets Bionic Ears: Report #3
- E-Trade Ad with Baby and Clown
- Priscilla Gets Bionic Ears: Report #2
- Consistency, Niche, and the Art/Biz Dichotomy
- Priscilla Gets Bionic Ears: Report #1
- Comedy Central's TV Funhouse DVD
- Priscilla Gets Bionic Ears (Introduction)
- Air Conditioner Follow-Up (and a note about portab...
- Tip of Your Tongue
- Important Info About Pill-Taking
- The White Gym Socks of My Dreams
- How to Smuggle in Cuban Cigars....Legally!
- Getting Juiced at the Airport
- Leaving Oaxaca
- Oil Price Hikes Not Due to Speculation?
- Aztecs in Austria
- Oaxaca, Mexico
- Explaining Wine's Health Benefits
- Good Photography
- Watermelon Rind: A Potent Aphrodisiac
- Weird and Surprising Music: The Answer!
- Weird and Surprising Music
- Gay Pride Parade
- New Trends in Pedestrianism
- ▼ July (35)