Saturday, August 2, 2008

Priscilla Gets Bionic Ears: Report #9

The following is by Priscilla Gilmore, who recently got cochlear implants and has been reporting back, starting here.


I had a conversation with three of my yoga students this morning who were telling me that with the new CI hearing aid I am speaking differently, more clearly. That sounds really good, though I never knew that I was not clear!

I told a friend that I can hear myself putting blush on my face, and she was surprised at that, and said she would run a test to see if she could hear that..and sure enough, she could! There is so much sound that normal hearing people block out.. and now I am hearing everything (well, almost)! With all the extra noise, that's why I have to rip this thing off my head every once in a while.



Continue to Report #10

No comments:

Blog Archive